Click to Home

Go To Search
Land Division
Subdividing Land In Shelby County - A Step-by-Step Guide
  • Review the Subdivision Regulations to see the complete list of required items for a subdivision submittal.
  • Be sure to have the parent parcel and potential new parcel surveyed including a detailed lot description and drawing.
  • Apply for review and approval of the subdivision by the Shelby County Planning Commission at the Department of Development Services.
  • When the subdivision of the property is approved by the Planning Commission, it will be recorded in the office of the judge of probate within the Probate Court.
  • The applicant may proceed with applying for the appropriate building and/or health permits.

Subdivisions Exempt from Any Requirement for Approval to Subdivide
  • Subdivision of land by testamentary or in testate provisions
  • Subdivision of land by court order including, but not limited to, judgments of foreclosure
  • Subdivision of land wherein the size of each and every resulting portion of land equals or exceeds 20 acres and involves no roadway, drainage, or other public improvements

Contact Us
Planning Services
1123 County Services Dr,
Pelham, AL 35051

Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm

Shelby County, Alabama
200 West College St.
Columbiana, AL 35051
Ph: (205) 670-6550